Monday, March 12, 2007

Where have they gone?

Last week, my bar buddy and fellow chem nerd, Joanna, and I took off on two separate weekday nights down to accursed Mission Beach with hopes of running into a few people we know and getting our minds off PCAT scores and play packets. Banking on our success the previous week (Joanna: "So when did we walk there?"), we made the usual rounds and ran into the usual USDers. Normally, I would avoid seeing people from my campus at pretty much any cost, but the past few weeks it's been fun to run into some trashed Toreros down on their turf (Mission Beach).

Then we realized...every time we've gone out there we have run into the same people and had the same conversations with said people. That or we meet tools who wear shirts like this: complete with carefully mussed and gelled:
who get belligerent enough at Luigi's to pick fights with well everyone.

Yes, Joanna. I agree. "i hate you mission beach for stealing precious hours of my life when i could have otherwise been sleeping." Nothing of significance to anyone's life is discussed at those bars. Unless mitigating circumstances dictate, no more of this semi-tourist beach scene for me. I told people I hated the USD party scene, and that when I reached the magical age I wasn't going to do the Sandbar thing. Well, I got suckered in a few times, and even admittedly had some fun, but that river soon dried up.

I tried to give thema chance, but "dudes" who live in Southern California are now on the shit list. I'm sick of your Vans, your semi-designer jeans, your surf/skate brand shirts (most of you don't surf or skate), your 'hawks, your love of Sublime, and your solipsistic (there's a world outside of SoCal?) attitudes.

I need a place like the Castle here. What's that you say? Free pool? $1 beers? I'm there.

No comments: