Thursday, July 26, 2007

You know me so well...

I love Pandora. Love it love it love it.

I love Pandora more than Buster loves Mother.

One of my favorite parts is the feature where I can ask the almost omniscient "Music Genome" gods why they played a certain song. So today, for A Northern Chorus's "The Shepherd and the Chauffer" I got:

Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features a twelve-eight time signature, major key tonality, a breathy male lead vocalist, triple note feel and many other similarities identified in the music genome project.


"Breathy male lead vocalist." Yep, uh-huh, right right right. I should have seen that one coming after adding artists like Rocky Votolato, Damien Jurado, Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, etc. to the list. We all know I'm a sucker for guys who can kind of sing in that weird soulful (not like soul music soulful) way where you know they really mean it. I've just never thought to put it like that.

So now when people ask what music I like I'm going to start out with quotes from Pandora..."I enjoy most music that's in a twelve-eight time signature."

1 comment:

L Simpson said...

i know this is a ridiculously delayed response, but i really need to start using pandora. i think i can learn a lot about myself.